PH Mountains is the first and only Philippine mountains information app.
It boasts the following features:
- One hand-picked photo per mountain
- Vast collection of mountain information, maps, photos, and videos
- Mountains can be sorted alphabetically, by elevation, by climbing difficulty, or by location (Find out the nearest mountains around you!)
- Mountains currently closed for hiking are marked
- Includes weather information (with remarks whether an excellent/good/fair/poor day for hiking)
- Aggregated photos from Instagram and Google Images
- Choose between Terrain (default), Satellite, Normal, or Hybrid view
- See your current location relative to the mountains (Useful when identifying peaks around you)
- Keep track of your hikes
- Automatically plotted on a separate map
- Two separate lists (and maps): ‘Climbed’ and ‘Wanna Climb’
- Share it to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Shows a quotation (about mountains, nature, and adventure) every time you open the app
- Tap the refresh button for a new one if you just can’t get enough 😉
- Share quotes directly from the app either as text or an image
- Personalize the app
- Choose between metric and imperial units
- Set the total image cache size limit
Click here to download the Android app. (iOS app will soon follow)
UPDATE (12/10/14): PH Mountains made it to the #3 spot of the Top Free Android Apps in the Philippines and #19 in the Top New Free Worldwide, both in the Sports category.